All individuals are children of God, created equally in his image to share an eternal future. We promise to play our full part in their education and formation.
We strive to meet the academic, moral, physical, social and spiritual needs of all pupils so that they may take their place as caring, committed, aware and self-confident adult members of society.
As a voluntary aided school, we are required to deliver the full National Curriculum which has emphasised the need to present a balanced and broadly based curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, intellectual and physical development of our students and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
For pastoral purposes all pupils are allocated to a tutorial group in which they remain from Year 7 to Year 11. Pupils remain in these groups for Personal, Social and Health Education and Vocational Guidance.
Our School Aims & Values
In striving to create the school climate, which will nurture this mission, the school aims:
- To offer to all students a broad, balanced, appropriate, relevant and flexible curriculum
- To develop as an integral part of the local community and in particular the local Catholic community; to develop and maintain the partnership between school and parents, parishes, primary schools and the wider community.
- To develop as a worshipping community with students, parents, staff and governors following the example of Christ in their daily work and relationships; treat one another with justice, dignity, tolerance and respect and being aware of and responding to each other’s needs, hopes and aspirations.
- To provide and maintain an attractive, happy, secure, safe and healthy school environment.
The School Day
- 8.45am – Staff Duty Team (Pupils to be moved into the building by 8.50am)
8.50am – Assembly/Registration begins
9.05am – 10.05am – Period 1
10.05am – 11.05am – Period 2
11.05am – 11.20am – Break
11.20am – 12.20pm – Period 3
12.20pm – 1.20pm – Period 4 for Years 10 – 13 : Lunch for Years 7-9
1.20pm – 2.20pm – Period 5 for Years 7-9; Lunch for Years 10 – 13
2.20pm – 3.20pm – Period 6
3.20pm – End of School Day
Pupils will be notified of the change and the emphasis on punctuality and bringing all bags etc to lessons through:
- Letter Home
The school gate will be closed at 8.55 and latecomers will have to report to Admin
Attendance and Punctuality Certificates will be awarded every term/academic year